Let the Beauty of what you Love be what you Do...
~Rumi

Saturday, October 31, 2009

DMF Assignment: Picturing the Other


I wasn't really sure at first what I was going to do for this assignment. However, once I figured out how to do a slideshow for the alphabet soup assignment, I thought it would be fun to do a slideshow for this one. And what better place to capture fun (and sometimes scary) images of "the other" than the Ashland Halloween Parade. There are so many people out & about... nobody's paying attention to you & your camera which makes you a little more inconspicuous... and offers a great opportunity to catch candid moments. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out, though it took some time to sort through images,edit them and put it all together. I think the 4 second display is a bit long- 2 or 3 may have been better, but I wanted the music to fit appropriately and I'm still exploring with the media.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hi Becky: Thanks for telling me about your blog. I really like your Halloween video re: the Ashland Halloween Parade. I've never been. Now, I want to go.