Let the Beauty of what you Love be what you Do...
~Rumi

Sunday, November 1, 2009

DMF Assignment: Picturing the Other/Self Portrait

Well, here's my self portrait... sort of. I actually took several shots, but they all looked posed and I really didn't like the way I looked anyhow. So, I figured... hands count as "the self," right? Part of the self anyhow. There could be countless philosophical conversations on the meaning of "self," but those conversations would be too lengthy for this here blog. Yeah... so I've been having fun making the slide shows for the last two DMF assignments, so along those lines I figured I'd do a series of "self portraits" and create a slide show out of them. I also happened to be working on a ceramics project where we have to make multiples of an object (the project is called obsession)... so I kinda morphed these two projects into one. (This time I chose to upload the slideshow to Youtube & then download it to my blog so it would have a title & image, versus saving them as a quicktime movie, which for whatever reason just ends up with a blank black screen on my blog.) Once I added the music, I felt it really created a story...all these clay bears looking on as I transformed a lump of clay into one of them. The only bummer was the music got cut off at the end when I uploaded it to Youtube...

No comments: