Let the Beauty of what you Love be what you Do...
~Rumi

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

DMF Assignment: Picturing the Other/Friend

So, I'm not much of a portrait photographer. Doing the last assignment "picturing the other" in terms of photographing strangers seemed a bit easier. My friend Bill, (pictured here) a local photographer was kind enough to let me photograph him as he was setting up his latest show at Evo's coffee house in Ashland. I was trying to catch the moment, but after shooting a series of photographs, I couldn't quite catch it. So, I decided to put a series on one page to capture what was going on. I wasn't really happy with the way this particular assignment turned out, but thought I'd post it anyhow, in part to show I'm trying & in part to thank Bill for being gracious enough to let me photograph him.

No comments: