Let the Beauty of what you Love be what you Do...
~Rumi

Thursday, November 19, 2009

DMF Assignment: Papercraft, How I spend my evenings as an Art Student, and Various other ramblings...

There will be absolutely no laughing at my papercraft!!! It sucks, I know... but I got 'er done... now I just have to cut the damn thing out... but it's not gonna happen tonight. Manana, si. I'm feeling the crunch of the end of the term in all my classes. It didn't feel this way last quarter... and I'm wondering if the budget crunch is resulting in the same amount of work but less time to accomplish said work?? Or is it my own issue of feeling like I've got to put twice as much time & effort into projects because I want them done well... and want my grade to reflect the time & energy expended? Maybe it's the voice of the inner critic that demands nothing less than an A in every class... as some sort of reward or exchange for the effort & monetary expenditure involved, (and who is that inner critic anyhow?) Or perhaps it the pressure of an unnamed instructor that expects "Fine Art" from a level one class (and who defines Fine Art anyhow?) Maybe it's a little of each of these things. I don't know. I think too much... and write too much! My last excuse for the very lame cubee craft is feeling a bit behind due to technical difficulties in DMF lab. I know... excuses, excuses! But!! To show that I am in fact hard at work, not only in DMF, but all my classes, I've included a pic of what my dining room table looks like on a given night... so many projects... so little time. Finishing my ceramics decals tonight... printmaking tomorrow & saturday, then trying to get all my DMF stuff together for the book next week. All this, in the midst of packing all my stuff, putting it in storage & moving out of my ridiculously loud & non-peaceful apartment to get ready for the drive to New Mexico after finals. Trying to make a little money so I can return next quarter...

No comments: