Let the Beauty of what you Love be what you Do...
~Rumi

Saturday, November 14, 2009

DMF Week 8: Personal Image/Winter in Santa Fe

Well, so much for sleeping in. For whatever reason I just keep waking up early, though I would much prefer to catch up on my sleep. I've been up for the past 2 hours, mostly playing on my computer & looking through various images I've taken in the past few years that I've been traveling for work. This image was not well composed... I actually shot it through my windshield as I was leaving a friends house after a day of skiing at the Santa Fe ski basin. Why am I posting this image? Well, I got an email from my recruiter a couple of days ago, asking if I'd be available to fill in for the holidays back in New Mexico. Yes, that means packing up again, driving for days in the middle of winter... maybe not the best choice, but the financial strain of school made the decision easy at the time. Though now, I do question my decision. Pack up again? I've moved like 16 times in the past 5 years!!! That's 32 times packing & unpacking! What am I thinking? Well, I am thinking grocery money, & rent for the winter quarter. And, it would be good to see some friends... and Santa Fe is beautiful in the winter... let's face it. But working on Christmas day... without my family? Well, it could all fall through... that sometimes happens in this travel game. An anxiety producing way of life... but, I suppose for now, it is what I chose. Life is interesting...

No comments: