Let the Beauty of what you Love be what you Do...
~Rumi

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week Five: Other/ Big Blue Bear Sculpture



Without meaning to, I found another image that I wanted to post to my blog. I was looking for images of bears for a ceramics project I'd like to do...(if my idea doesn't get dissed by my instructor) and came across the Big Blue Bear Sculpture by artist Lawrence Argent. It's placed at the Denver Convention Center & I've included a short video on the installation. Really neat stuff. Truth be told, I'd secretly (or not so secretly) like to do work like this. Arrrgh... but I don't think I want to do the work to get an MFA like this guy did! I do want to do the work, just not necessarily the school work. Don't get me wrong- I enjoy school... just not so much the financial output involved with school. There are so many things to spend your hard earned money on... you know, things like a home base, health insurance, travel. Hard to have it all. Go 25k in debt for a degree in art, while throwing money away on a noisy apartment, or scrap the school & put that money towards a home? Ooops! It appears my journal entries have seeped their way into my blog! Dang, that certainly wasn't my intention when I sat down to type this out, but I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later...

No comments: