Let the Beauty of what you Love be what you Do...
~Rumi

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Starry Night; Aquatint

This is my first real attempt at using the aquatint technique to create a print. I was experiencing a block in terms of what to do for this print,  but then a few nights ago, the clouds finally parted, leaving behind a brilliant starry night. So, I thought I'd experiment with trying to capture that somehow. Being as this is my first real experiment using this technique, I rather like how it turned out. My initial idea was to try to create a feeling of looking up at the stars through a canyon, but as it turned out, the structures in the front remind me of the Tent Rocks in Northern New Mexico. For my next print, I'll try to darken the night sky a bit more, and add more texture to the foreground. Off to print!

No comments: