Let the Beauty of what you Love be what you Do...
~Rumi

Friday, February 26, 2010

Aquatint~ Reworking of Plate "Starry Night"

So, after reworking this plate 3 more times (you know the whole aquatint process as outlined below) this is what I came up with. It's funny... when I made the original print I was really excited just learning how to make subtle shade differentiations with the aquatint process and originally I liked this print. I don't know if it's just because I reworked & printed it so many times, but I just don't care for it as much anymore~ but I thought I'd post it anyhow, because it does give me a good visual log of the process as I go along.
** (For those of you unfamiliar w/ the printmaking process- I'm guessing you're probably thinking "why not just add more ink rather than going through that lengthy process repeatedly," but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. It has to be etched in such a way that it will hold the ink when the plate is wiped before printing.)

No comments: