Here's a bit of work~
I wasn't really happy with the glazes I chose for the small dipping dishes on the left, but was pretty happy with the rest. These below were my favorite of the bowls~
And some cups... our assignment was to do half with handles, half with "built in handles"
I keep a ceramics journal so I can keep track of what glazes I'm using on what clay bodies & how they turn out. So far, I've tried 4 different types of clay this quarter: Stony White for the bowls, Soldate 60 for the cups, B-mix for some plates, & Dark Red for some larger bowls I'm working on. I decided for future reference it would be a good idea to photograph the work w/notes rather than rely on my memory down the road, so I took many images like this~
Oy~ on this last one... I liked the results, but forgot to write down which glaze I used & had to guess. We do have a series of test tiles, but this didn't look much like any of them! It has been a fun process overall, and I'm getting tons of work done... though sometimes I'm a bit frustrated at my lack of ability to center & pull up my walls consistently. Practice, practice, practice!