Let the Beauty of what you Love be what you Do...
~Rumi

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chasing Rainbows


Sometimes its hard to get a good rainbow shot. But I never tire of trying, so when I see one I always try to head off in the right direction to capture it. Saw the tail end of one yesterday on my way home, but by the time I got turned around & headed in the right direction... it was gone. Dang it! This one was a bit more persistent, though a little faded by the time I got in the right place for a decent shot. Beautiful just the same... and within moments, gone.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Becky,
I'm glad you posted this shot! I've never gotten a good photo of a rainbow - I'll try not to be jealous. Your colors are so lush - looks like spring there. I have just been pondering the meaning of the arch raised on another blog. Perhaps it portends hope and promise? Was there a pot of gold by any chance?

becky said...

Barb~ Spring is getting close, I think... it's been a game of hide & seek, with winter not quite wanting to let go! It does get very green here this time of year, with all the moisture we get. Hope and promise sounds good~ I'll go along with that one! Chasing rainbows and chasing dreams... I'm sure there is a metaphoric pot of gold out there somewhere!

Wanda..... said...

Beautiful photo, Becky, so brilliant! About a year ago the most perfect rainbow could be seen form my porch...I happily took several photos, but not one appeared from my camera and I still have no idea what happened...I was so disappointed by my failure to even get a bad photo of it. Maybe another time!