Let the Beauty of what you Love be what you Do...
~Rumi

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life's Little Surprises

I do love catching a good rainbow. I saw 3 separate rainbows on a 1 hour section of my drive today. Unfortunately, I was driving on the freeway in Riverside (Southern California,) which makes photographing said rainbow before it disappears challenging. This section of the drive back into Southern Cal always kinda bums me out... it is always sooooo crowded and I can feel my anxiety rise with the speed of I-15 traffic. I always wonder why it seems like everyone is in such a hurry around here. I pulled off the freeway... and right into urban sprawl & mini malls. Following my intuition, I made a right turn down a random suburban street & after a short distance, came to what seems to be one of the few remaining open spaces in the area. I'm thinking I may have been the only person to pull off the freeway to check this out...

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Becky, I'm sure glad you followed your instincts and pulled off that busy freeway. What an awesome rainbow - I bet that somewhere there was a pot of gold!