Just got back the fired/glazed 2nd big bear project. If you missed it, you can see the process of it being built here. It's a little lumpy & bumpy, but overall I like it. Out of the two larger sculptural forms I've done, this is the only one to make it through 2 firings start to finish, so that in itself is pretty cool. Though I have found I have far less control over the clay when attempting larger/hollow pieces.
Below is my second attempt at the "inside out/outside in" project I was working on for class. I was actually quite happy with this one... it came out much more like my original idea/sketch than the first attempt.
And remember all the work I did on the "magic clay" testing? Down the drain... the underside cracked like crazy during the drying process! Oh well... it was a learning process... at least I know now what not to do. (Now I just have to figure out what to do!)
In other clay class news, I seem to have settled into the fact that from start to finish, it generally takes many weeks to get work back, and I feel I've been a bit more patient in that arena. I also started my Micaceous Clay class last week (see pots on the side bar from the class I took last fall) but am not much liking the pot I'm working on. :( Interestingly, I am finding the teaching styles & techniques from my previous instructor to the one I have now vary quite a bit, so it almost feels as if I am starting from scratch, and I'm not at all achieving the results I'd like! It's a "short session" class~ only once a week (all day) for 7 weeks, so I hopefully I'll get the hang of this different method soon. I want to make gorgeous big pots, not asymmetrical, lumpy ones! I'll keep y'all posted.