Let the Beauty of what you Love be what you Do...
~Rumi

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Random Post...


I've packed up all my things & said my goodbyes to Oregon... at least for the summer. I'm off to see family and go back to my travel job... in an attempt to finance another quarter of school in the fall. I've made this drive quite a few times, so I don't often stop for pictures. 


Well, except for Mt Shasta... I never tire of photographing this mountain. I absolutely love it.


Speaking of love~ coffee! This was a frequent stop along the way. Did you know that coffee is the number two import... just behind oil?! I have a love/hate relationship w/ Starbuck's.  I love that they have the cleanest bathrooms (which is a huge perk to a traveler!) and I love a venti-extra-hot-no- whip-mocha. But don't let the fact that they now serve a few varieties of fair trade coffee, or have had a few brochures made about their eco-friendly practices fool you. This is a fairly recent development... and they are still hugely "Corporate America," and specialize in making a huge profit off of you & me, and often at the expense of others. Not at all trying to slander them... like I said, it's a love/hate relationship.
There's an excellent documentary called "Birdsong & Coffee; A Wake Up Call " that examines the relationship between coffee, cultures, corporations, & ecosystems... I highly recommend it. 
Moving on... Purple Mountains Majesty near Tehachapi, Ca.

 

That about wraps it up for now! I'll be spending the week with family before I head out to the next job...
I'm contemplating changing the name of my blog, as I am no longer an art student... at least for the summer. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Pat said...

The two mountain pictures are spectacular!

Have fun with your family!

I wouldn't change the name of your blog....just change the statement underneath the name. I've heard from other bloggers that it wasn't a good thing to change their blog's name. (It confused the followers).Just a suggestion..

Becky said...

HI Beck :-)
Arr, I think you could choose a blog name that reflects what you love. My title was from a song that I love. Something that means a lot to you, maybe to do with your art. It will fun for you to choose one. I'll keep an eye out to see what you decide :-)

Barb said...

I think you're lucky to have "Becky's Blog" which is pretty wide-open. You can always just change your subtitle to reflect what you'r doing at present. Where are you heading, Becky? My husband and I are still contemplating a road trip to Oregon and then down the coast. Pretty busy until next spring, though...

Annie Coe said...

How about "Blissful Traveler" :-). I don't like Starbucks abecause when I lived in San Francisco they moved in right acrossed from our local coffee houses and I thought that was rotten. Have a save trip and fun with your family. Happy travels. xoxo